by Alaska and Ya Mudda
Hornets (2-4) at Timberwolves (4-2)
One night after almost blowing a 30 point lead against the Hawks, the Timberwolves will play host to the Charlotte Hornets. The Hornets are off to a rocky start after losing defensive standout Michael Kidd Gilchrist in the preseason, however they’ve shown the potential to be an explosive offensive team, recently dropping 130 points on the Chicago Bulls. The Hornets to this point are no more than league average defensively, but are quietly controlling the paint rating first in opponent offensive rebounds (6.2) and second in opponent free throw attempts (19.2). Last night saw Towns get 17 points and 11 rebounds against the Hawks quality big men, replicating that kind of performance will be a big key against this Charlotte team.
Last night also produced a great Andrew Wiggins performance where he went for 33 points, including a crucial and-one in the final 2 minutes:
Watching Wiggins to continue to emerge as a leader for this team might be the most exciting thing I can think of for Wolves fans and he’s got a great opportunity tonight to keep it rolling. GET PRIMED.
Thanks to Ya Mudda for providing us with everyone’s favorite section: Match Ups to Watch
- Batum vs. Maple Jordan: Batum is like a handy man, he can do a little bit of everything, he's a pretty good defender and he can shoot the ball even though his shot took a nosedive last season. Batum is generally going to make it tough for our Canadian hero to get going but after his game last night I fully expect the GOAT to spit fireballs at him.
- Walker vs. Ricky: Another challenge for Ricky, maybe not as tough as Teague but Walker can still fill it up at a good clip. Should be a fun match up to watch
- Jefferson vs. KARL: Let's face it KAT is gonna eat big Al like some chow.
- Lin/Lamb vs. Lavine: Zach's game from last night was clearly an aberration, he made a walk up 3 which I still can't believe. Tonight he faces off against Goku and the sleepy eyed assassin Jeremy Lamb, I have full confidence that he's going to do something stupid tonight. Stay tuned.
B-B-BONUS MATCH UP
- KARL vs. Frank the Tank: In April Frank Kaminsky and the Badgers snapped Karl and the Wildcats’ 38 game winning streak and cost them a shot at a national championship. Does anyone care? Probably not on this blog.